One of the following is required to be used as identification for election-related purposes:
- A valid Colorado driver's license;
- A valid identification card issued by the department of revenue;
- A valid United States passport;
- A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by a governmental entity;
- A valid pilot's license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized federal agency;
- A valid United States military identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector;
- A valid medicare or medicaid card issued by the United States health care financing administration that has been issued to an eligible elector who is a resident of a state-licensed facility; or
- A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institution of higher education established and existing as an agency of the state of Colorado.
The following documentation is removed from the list of identification that may be used for election-related purposes:
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector;
- A certified copy of a birth certificate for the elector issued in the United States; and
- Certified documentation of naturalization.